Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Update

I have been busy the past little while going out into the forests, desert, and other places in nature to gather things.
I have gathered all the pollen I can for now, all the buds have gone away to make way for leaves. I snatched up some balm of Gilead buds, fern, moss, tree thorns, pine cones of all sizes, and various other things. I was lucky enough to find and dig up with the roots some wild catnip, mullein, and western mugwort. They are sitting happily in my garden now where I care for them. I never take more than I plan to use and leave offerings in return.
I currently also have a dead snake that I found near a river that I carefully collected. It will be cleaned up and it’s bones will be used for various things later. It will be awhile before I can use the bones but worth the wait. A friend of mine is going to clean them for me and the method in which he does it will take awhile.

In the desert many things were seen including three baby big horned owls. Many natural crystals and two kinds of sand were collected.

IMAG0051 
IMAG0085The baby owls are in the hole third from the left. There was no way to get a closer picture sadly from where I was.

 IMAG0082
 

On another adventure, close to a river and a pond I came across a mother goose and her eggs.
mother goose eggs
mother goose

Obviously in nesting she had shed a lot of feathers, some of which were larger and further away from the nest. So now I have a handful of goose feathers along with one or two duck feathers.

In the midst of the several forest and desert outings (you had better believe I have many more planned) I also finished a painting “Dracula’s Castle” on 9x12 canvas, done in acrylic paints. Picture is of Dracula's Castle at sunset.
draculas castleThe painting is available for purchase. If interested please send me a message for the details.

I found some interesting branches that I plan to turn into wands and possibly other things depending on how much is used for what. Some of them have some really interesting twists to them which is part of the reason I grabbed them. I think I need better tools before tackling those though.

I have also been working on some talismans, sigils, seals and things of that nature. The talismans are drawn onto tea stained paper. 
talismansYou cant really see the roots but both drawings have roots. The one on the right is of a tree with seals, oghams, and runes. Its not quite finished yet but its in the making. The one on the left is the start of a talisman. Both the tree and the mushroom represent the person, inside influences, outside influences, and so on. The mushroom will have seals and symbols put on it soon. The talismans are custom made for the needs of that person.

I am deciding on which oils to make next. Obviously an oil for Litha, the Summer Solstice, being on the list. I will most likely be making a kit as well for Litha.

I was thinking about making a starter kit filled with many different kinds of herbs, woods, stones, and other things one would need for various practices. I would most likely have a few variations to it.  Possibly allow for some customization. I do not have one put together right now but if this is something you want or need in the near future please let me know.

I have not gotten much feedback as of yet on the treasure hunt idea so that is being put on hold for now. I will most likely bring it up again at a later date. Possibly sometime during the Summer.

Anyways, time for me to get back to my crafting.
~Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment