Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcoming Spring

In welcoming Spring I have planted my herb and flower garden.
Lots of wonderful things were planted that are already springing up through the soil.
Things  like; Hyssop, calendula, mint, and yarrow were planted among many others. The seeds were blessed under the super moon.
I hope everyone got a chance to see the bright moon. It was beautiful. When I first saw it lower on the horizon it was a dusty gold color. The moon then became a bright white as it moved higher up in the sky.

The seeds will sprout indoors for awhile and then go outdoors to soak up the suns rays. By then the weather will be a bit more sunny.
It has been far too long since I have had an herb garden or much a garden in general. I had a flower garden with a only a couple small pots of herbs to tend to last year. There were a lot of beautiful brightly colored flowers all through summer. This year I think it is time to focus more on herbs I can harvest and use.
It will be awhile yet until there is anything harvestable from the plants.

2011-03-24 17.26.16
Photo was taken about four days after being planted. The calendula sprouting in the photo is now about three times the size now.

Lots of oils, balms, salves, dried herb vials, magical spell dusts, and hopefully herbal sugars will be made from these herbs among many other things. 

The weather here was very bi-polar not long ago. All the rain, wind, overcast, and even snow which lasted all of an hour and thankfully did not stick. It seems everyone else was having strange weather as well.  Thankfully it has been getting warmer and the sun is coming out more and for longer periods of time. It has been in the mid to upper sixties all this week, it’s wonderful.

I will be crafting a lot of new items. Especially during late Spring and Summer.
If there are any items you would like to see me make or would like to see more of, let me know and I can see about putting it on the list. 
Even if its just items for a general use that works too.  A lot of my products are intended to help you with your magical workings, which is why I like to ask; what is it you need, want, would like to see in my shop?

Even if it is something you just like that is not there to aid anything mention it to me.  I love hearing input from all of you so do not ever be shy about giving it.

I have recently posted up new pictures of new herb vials, graveyard dirt, and sigil powder, along with a few other items.
I am working on powdering more sigil powder so if anyone needs more than a 1 oz bag let me know.

I picked up a variety of beautiful glass corked bottles recently, so you know there will be lots of new oils to come later! If you would like an oil made for a specific purpose, ritual, or want a specific blend for a ritual massage oil let me know.  

These ones are the 2oz bottles.
glass bottles smaller
                        #1                                         #2                               #3
And these are the 4 oz bottles
glass bottles larger 
                                                                     #4                           #5                  #6                   #7
I want to know which bottles everyone likes best? I like to keep a variety of glass bottles, but its still nice to know what ones are everyone’s favorites.
I put a number under each bottle to make it easier to just give a number for which one(s) you like.

Thanks!
Lotus Moon Apothecary


 

No comments:

Post a Comment