Sunday, August 22, 2010

Book of Shadows




I am working on making another blank book of shadows to sell. This could also be a book of mirrors, dream journal, wish book, recipe book.. etc.. it is blank so its use is up to you and your imagination.I wanted to post this before hand in case anyone wanted one in a specific theme/colors that they want to purchase from me instead of waiting for something you might like to be made with the chances of it not happening.
Currently I am charging $29.99 for making a custom Book of Shadows which would include 58-78 pages & one ribbon book marker that is either by itself or has a silver charm on the end that would be chosen from charms I have on hand to best match the book.

Shipping is $5.00 to anywhere in the US. Email me for a shipping quote if you are an international buyer.

This is the last book I made, Front, Back, Spine, & Side view (The leaves on the Tree of Life on the front cover are real pressed leaves, as well as the leaf on the back is real as well)









the current plans for the next two I plan to make are in the works design wise but I am thinking of doing a purple & black themed house & graveyard to somewhat mirror "A Grave Night" which is the painting I recently did. Also I was thinking of a water themed book that has real leaves as usual, that look like small lily pads on the cover.

All books will be completely blank & have 58-78 pages that have hand burnt edges. All books are around a little over 8 1/2in tall (sometimes 9in) and between 5 1/2 & 6in wide.
The last book I did was a custom job and had 10 paintings for added uniqueness and character.

If you want themed paintings on the inside pages it will cost you $10 per 10 paintings on the pages inside the book and $1.50 for every additional painting after 10.
If you have a design for them in mind let me know (if you have inspiration pictures that would help to get an idea of what you want) if its something I am unable to do, I will let you know and we can figure something else out or change it a bit.
You can see previous paintings on the insides of the last book I made below: (Paintings are done in acrylic and small flowers on the one page are real pressed flowers)




Not everything will be symmetrical seeing as it is all hand painted & handmade, its part of what gives the book its uniqueness. (I use oils on some and acrylics on others, depends on what I am painting & if there is a preference)

Most of the books I will be making will incorporate pressed leaves or flowers, some may not, but most will. That does not mean you have to have this in your design.
leaves and flowers are subject to what I have access to, currently I have a decent selection of leaves. Some of which include Maple, Oak, Birch, and others.
Flowers there is less of a selection from since I was not able to press as many of those when they were in season, but I still have some.
Once the leaves turn I will have more Autumn colored leaves as well, I have a few in stock currently I believe but I would have to double check that.
Let me know what your looking for and I can tell you if I have it.

The book will include one book marker, which can either be a silver charm on a ribbon (whichever I may have on hand you can choose from), or a plain ribbon in your color choice.
If you wanted a hand made vine pentacle on the end of the ribbon instead of a silver charm it will cost you $2.75 extra
If you would like more than one ribbon book marker it will cost you $1.10ea additional marker.

If you would like any herbs (for instance some like to have a bay leaf put into the book) for any purpose put in-between the cover and page where it will not be visible but serve its purpose still, let me know and I can give you an estimate on that price.

I can also put file pockets onto some of the pages if wanted. either just small pockets or pockets that have burnt edges. pocket specifics can be discussed if they are wanted in the book.

If you want a custom book done, please let me know the following information:
Page amount (between 58 & 78)-
Colors & theme wanted (if you have a specific idea in mind from a pic you saw please send me the pic as well-
Book marker(s) wanted & what color-
Any add on's wanted (like pockets or herbs inside the cover)-
What it is you are wanting to use the book for, what it is you want in detail, or basics-
Is there anything you want in it/on it that I have not listed above?-

After that I will ask any other questions I may have, tell you the total price before starting on your book.
All funds are to be paid before work is started on the book so that I may be able to buy the supplies needed to make the book. If you cannot pay for it all at once, payments can be made but the book will not be shipped out until 100% of the item price is paid in full, once I have completed making the book as well obviously, some books will take more time to make than others and time will be needed to press any leaves/flowers used in making it as well.
If you decide to make payments and back out of the deal after paying for part of the book, 50% of whatever you have paid will be refunded back to you, and the book will be posted up for sale to the public upon backing out of the deal.

Please note I only accept payments via PayPal.

If you have any further questions please feel free to message me at any time @  Lotus_Moon@Hotmail.com
Thanks!
~Lotus Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment