Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lotus Moon Apothecary


I really want to figure out how to make hard back leather books.. & somehow get some parchment paper.I want to make a big Book of Shadows & Mists, Apothecris, & a book for my herbs *since that will probably be more than 500pgs alone* & a few other books. though I'd like the books to have some kind of screw pin binding for the paper so they dont have to be sewn together & I can re-organize as I wish by removing the pins. A book that looks kind of like this one, but wont cost me damn near $300 v.v (actually this one is over $300 but they had others for a bit under that* I just need to learn how to work with leather. I am pretty sure they used a metal cut out to put between the book back and the leather and somehow stretched it over the design and maybe used heat? to mold the leather around it. I am not sure really. Though I would love to learn.


I also would like to get a better wood burning kid as well as a general wood carving kit. So that I may make better runes, wands, boxes, etc.

I would like to mention that anyone wanting to make a donation to my shop is more than welcome to do so. There are a lot of supplies that are currently needed.
A small list of those items would be:

Parchment paper
Gemstone chip beads (sz4mm-10mm)
Beading wire 14g, 16g, 24g (and a few other gauges) and in different colors and materials
Clasps
Earring hooks
Empty bottles, vials, dropper bottles, jars (not pickle type jars lol)
Oil paints
Grapeseed oil, Sunflower oil, Jojoba Oil, etc
Wooden boxes
Metal charms
Beads
Or any jewelry making supplies
Corks
Un-used candles & essential oils
Blank canvas's
Loose gemstones of all types
Beeswax
Small seashells
Muslin bags (for tea bags)
Fabrics
Scrap booking paper, tools, and design inserts
Jewelry making tools (wire cutters, flat head pliers, hole sizer, etc)
Wood burning kit
Wood carving kit
Blank thin (2/3in or thinner) flat pieces of wood.
Clock parts (especially antique looking clock hands as well as cogs)
Blank card stock
The brackets you put on the back of paintings for hanging on nails
Certain sizes of wooden frames
Product displays

If you have something you would like to donate thats not on the list but you think the shop may have use for, send me a message and I will let you know.

If anyone is interested in making a donation (monetary or shipping any supplies to me that is on the list or in need of) please send me a message at Lotus_Moon@hotmail.com and I will either give you the address to my PayPal or tell you where to ship the supplies. Supply donations should be approved first before being shipped in the event I do not need an item, I do not wish anyone to waist any money in shipping if something is not needed. I appreciate any help the shop gets.

Lotus Moon Apothecary's Etys Shop
Or look up Lotus Moon Apothecary on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Oh no I know how to make book covers, I have made other types of books before, I just mainly do not know how to make the leather have a raised up look to it. I believe there is some kind of metal cut out under the leather to give it, its shape... but how to get it stretched tight is what puzzled me. I think some how heat would be involved in doing it so that it is tightly wrapped and pushed down into the design. And your comment made perfect sense, just not the right kind of cover I am looking to do.

    ReplyDelete